Confidence Hackers are all about PREVENTION – cos we believe that old saying – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure…
So we help students learn how to make better decisions for themselves, so that they don’t end up making permanent decisions to temporary problems.
More young people are dying from suicide than any other reason, including car accidents, drug overdose and alcohol. They need our help!
That’s according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, that shows suicide as the leading underlying cause of deaths for young people aged 15-24 years. That is just unacceptable!
In fact there are a lot of unacceptable stats when it comes to students and young people and their psychological well-being… here’s some more…
= Almost twice the number of students are feeling mental ill-health than physical ill-health
= 64% of students with mental ill-health withdraw from study
= 20% of young people are too embarrassed to ask for help
= 25% of young women are anxious
= Depression is up by 4% in young people in the last 3 years
= 250,000 students in Australia are struggling with mental ill-health
= 26% of young people have mental ill-health in any given year
So how do young people manage life questions like:
= What do you do when you are stressed and anxious?
= How you respond to failure?
= How do you manage loss?
= How do you manage your sadness, anger, fear, stress, loneliness or homesickness?
So we created Confidence Hackers to offer group resilience, mental health and confidence training, because building resilience and stress management skills for young people to deal with the pressure times is not just a nice to have – it’s absolutely vital.
Why Confidence Hackers?
Hackers have clever solutions to tricky problems; to hack is to modify or change something in an extraordinary way. And that’s what we do – we provide extraordinary solutions to the tricky problem of resilience and mental well-being in a way that’s clever enough to be engaging and engaging enough to stick.
We are human behaviour experts who work with thousands of people that are experiencing all kinds of confidence challenges including social anxiety, work/study/life balance, the feelings of not being good enough, depression, procrastination, fear & overwhelm.
Our focus is on the human behaviour and mindset aspects of well-being – to create humans that are better equipped to deal with life and everything that comes with it – so that you don’t have to manage the traumatic aftermath.
Teaching young people how to overcome uncertainty, deal with things that don’t go their way and manage extreme pressure and stress is imperative to a well-rounded and healthy student experience.
“We hosted Anita at Journal and she had an immediate positive impact on our residents. Her content is presented in a fun and engaging manner, whilst also creating a safe space for students to share their experiences. We will definitely be incorporating Anita into our programming in the future.”Rachel Olsen |Student Life Director | Journal Student Living
All students and young people, but especially students living away from home are particularly vulnerable to mental ill-health. Being distanced from the support networks of family, friends, pets, routines and the certainty of everything ‘known’ creates additional stress and pressure points.
So we serve student accommodation providers (and their staff), universities, high schools, sporting clubs, graduate programs, and anyone that works with young people.
We provide a range of specialists workshops, products and services so that the young people in your care can become Confidence Hackers too, and so that you can get on with doing what is your field of expertise.
We have three main offerings:
Residential life coach program – personal attendance by a Confidence Hackers branded coach to proactively approach your students providing immediate, actionable and manageable advice and guidance in all common areas – kitchens, lounge areas, laundry rooms, terrace, reception etc.
Weekly visits recommended. A perfect introduction to Mental Well-being Workshops. Increasing attendance during pre-exam stress time is also recommended.
Pop up coaching is ideal for properties with limited communal space or those that want to offer ‘premium’ 1:1 mini personalised well-being coaching sessions to their residents.
Individual ‘pop up coaching sessions’ can be 15 or 30 minutes long with a total visitation time of 90 minutes (allowing for 6 x 15 min or 3 x 30 min sessions).
Mental well-being workshops (except we call them things like ‘The Confidence Club’, Life Skills, Functional Adulting Student Training or similar to reduce any perceived stigma)
Delivered as a set-and-forget 10 week on-site course by a Confidence Hackers Coach, the ‘how to’ topics include how to make friends fast, how to deal with conflict, how to be a better student (and housemate), how to overcome your fears. See below for Workshop examples. Interactive, fun and useful – definitely not ‘let me talk at you’.
Mindset Magic card packs
are decks of 30 fully customisable and brandable colourful cards that provide tips and tools on managing stress, study and life better.
Perfect for welcome packs or as a mid semester or pre-exams surprise gift.
We operate in most locations around Australia, or contact us for other delivery options such as webinar or custom branded online courses/apps or quick daily Facebook Lives to your residents group.
Just like you don’t get a six pack by going to the gym once, resilience and mental well-being training shouldn’t be a once a year offering. We make it super simple for you by taking care of everything, so you can get back to doing what is in your genius zone.
We can also arrange 1:1 or small group mental well-being, confidence and resilience coaching for your staff.
“The feedback was that the session was great “Wade Hurst | Residential Life Manager | UniLodge Park Central – Brisbane
International, regional and rural students transitioning out of home, away from parents, friends and everything known are particularly susceptible to poor mental health and the stigma (and fear) of using university services.
With close to twice as many students experiencing poor mental health than are experiencing poor physical health, and two-thirds of students reporting psychological distress, looking after the mental well-being of young people is not a nice to have, it’s imperative.
You can be the difference that makes the difference to the mental well-being of the young people in your care…
You’ve signed up to more than just educating, employing or providing a roof over the heads of your students and young people. By adopting programs that are specifically designed to foster and build mental, emotional and social well-being and resilience in young people you become both inspirators and market leaders.
Phone us: 0437 075 593 to discuss your needs
- How to manage your Exam Stress:
- What makes an exam-pion and how mindset impacts success and results
- How to change up the ranting self-talk that smashes exam confidence
- How to make friends FAST (even when you don’t know anyone)
- How even the shyest person in the world can learn to make friends with almost anyone
- Secret hacks to feel more confident
- How to be a better student (so you can succeed)
- Beat overwhelm and stress and stay motivated
- Help you make decisions easily and effortlessly when you’re stuck
- How to do conflict better (without just giving in)
- How to deal with other people’s opinions and disagreements
- How to calm a tense situation
- How to understand why you feel so messed up (and how to change it)
- How to face your fears of mucking up
- Why NOT feeling good is the way to success
- How to make sense of the random stuff you do (so you can do differently)
- Learn what drives everything you do
- How we (mis)understand each other
- How to easily manage the hard stuff you’ve been avoiding (so you can start doing it)
- Overcome procrastination easily
- Overcome yuk life experiences (without having to re-live them)
- How to manage your emotions (so they don’t manage you)
- The secret formula to manage your emotions better
- How to overcome anxiety
- How to overcome parental paralysis (so you can all live happier)
- How our beliefs and the role we play in our family shape us
- How to breaking out of the mould to have the life you want for you
- How to create better Study/Work/Life Balance (so you can breathe)
- What creates imbalance in the first place, and how to change it
- Simple ways to deal with ‘terminal seriousness’
- How to custom design your ideal student life (cos who doesn’t want one?)
- Creating a compelling vision of your future
- Produce your own personal vision board to make it happen
We help young people overcome problems like: